Saturday, July 5, 2008

Yikes! July already!

First off, a belated Happy Fourth to my American friends! Our own national holiday, Canada Day, was gloriously sunny and hot, and we finally saw a break from the June weather of thundershower after shower. I'm just about ready to get out there and start some summer walking without having to bring along an unbrella.

This entry continues the theme of Great Meals in America with a salute to the wonderful Lou Malnati's pizza empire of Chicago. The Windy City is famous for its deep-dish style of pizza, first presented there by Pizzaria Uno and imitated but rarely improved upon by many others since. I gather that Mr. Malnati was associated with Uno's before starting up his own restaurant, and after visiting the downtown location for the first time in 2002 I was well and truly converted. It's now a must-chow for me each time I visit Chicago. Thick, cheesy, and filled with wonderful ingredients, this just may be getting stuffed at its best! Here is the arrival of a Medium pizza at the Lou Malnati's Schaumburg, IL location in 2007. Yes, life is good! NEXT: Bavarian suds from Munich and...Chicago?

No comments: